Junior INF Koko Wooley (3) catches the ball during Texas A&Ms game against Kentucky on April 7th, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Jaime Rowe/The Battalion)
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Sophomore LHP Ryan Prager (18) celebrates getting the last strikeout during A&Ms games against Vanderbilt on Friday, April 12, 2024, at Olsen Field. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Ring Day run rule
Troubles in ‘Loosa
Ring Day run rule
Dr. Weston Porter (top left) and researchers from the breast cancer lab. (Photo courtesy of Dr. Weston Porter)
New A&M research initiative provides cutting-edge cancer treatments
J.M. Wise, News Reporter • April 8, 2024

It has been 20 months since Michelle Pozzi, Ph.D, of Texas A&M’s Biochemistry and Biophysics department was diagnosed with cancer. However,...

Troubles in ‘Loosa
Braxton Dore, Sports Writer • April 13, 2024

After taking the home series over Kentucky last weekend, No. 12 Texas A&M softball received a well-deserved break over the week before traveling...

Ring Day run rule
Students, residents commemorates Eid Al-Fitr
Lasan Ukwatta Liyanage, Life & Arts Writer • April 11, 2024

This year's Eid Al-Fitr celebration, hosted by Texas A&M’s Muslim Student Association, or MSA, drew over 1,500 attendees on Wednesday,...

Student housing located right outside off campus boundaries on George Bush Drive. 
Guest Commentary: An open letter to City Hall
Ben Crockett, Guest Contributor • April 11, 2024

City Council, As representatives of the Texas Aggie Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026 and 2027, we write to you today to urge a reconsideration...

Annenberg Foundation to donate $15 million

PHILADELPHIA (AP) – Four months after a $50 million gift to the Philadelphia Orchestra, The Annenberg Foundation is giving $15 million to the endowment of the Academy of Music, the Broad Street landmark the orchestra owns.
Leonore Annenberg, president of the foundation, is the widow of the late billionaire publisher and diplomat Walter H. Annenberg, and has had a long association with the orchestra. The $15 million, in payments of $5 million a year over three years, will be placed in the Academy’s endowment to generate income for improvements to the 147-year-old landmark.
”What this really does is to make sure that the building is preserved,” said Harold A. Sorgenti, the Academy’s outgoing president.
”I think she is picking up the lead from Walter, who had a very strong interest in everything that happens at the Academy of Music,” said Luther W. Brady, the incoming president, who said he was already planning for the 150th anniversary celebration of the building in three years.
The Annenberg gift will quadruple the size of the Academy’s endowment to $20 million, which will generate about $1 million a year in interest and other income.