Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Annual Bloody Cross race stirs Corps competitive spirit

Clad in their physical training gear, cadets raced around the Quad Saturday and Sunday, competing against other units in the Corps’ annual Bloody Cross race.
Cadets run six laps around the Quad for the race, which is part of the Cadet Challenge that includes a paintball competition and obstacle course.
Mathew Kuehhas, junior biology major and member of Squadron 20, said Bloody Cross is ultimately to foster competition.
“Bloody Cross is important because it brings the outfits together and creates healthy competition in the Corps,” Kuehhas said.
Zachary Andersson, junior aerospace engineering major and training sergeant for K-2, said to prepare for Bloody Cross, K-2 ran three times a week at three miles or more.
Every member of an outfit has to run unless otherwise excused by letter. Every unexcused absence counts as a 15-second penalty. The outfit with the fewest penalties and best time wins the race.
The winner should be announced later in the week.