Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Prager (18) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Thursday, May 16, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
No. 5 Aggies outlast No. 3 Razorbacks in 11-inning pitchers duel

If you’re a fan of high-scoring baseball, Thursday’s matchup between No. 5 Texas A&M and No. 3 Arkansas probably wasn’t for you. But...

Anthony Joseph Carey honored at Echo Taps

To the sounds of the special rendition of Silver Taps and to salutes across the Quad, cadets and students gathered to say their goodbyes to senior agricultural systems management major and Squadron 18 member Anthony Joseph Carey.
We do it in remembrance of him, and to honor the great memories that we have, while reflecting on the impact he made on the Corps and everyone he met, said senior international studies major and Corps Commander Marquis Alexander.
While similar to Silver Taps the student bodys final tribute to all Aggies who have passed the previous month Alexander said Echo Taps is geared more toward cadets.
Its for those people or events that had a direct impact on the Corps itself in some shape or form, Alexander said.
Alexander said the decision to wear Midnights the Corps dress uniform and hold Echo Taps was made Tuesday.
The Texas A&M University Police Department issued a report Monday afternoon stating Carey had been missing since Thursday. Later reports stated Careys car, a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer, had been found in Marlin, Texas, which is between Bryan-College Station and Waco off Highway 6.
Later UPD released a statement saying a body was discovered in a heavily wooded area adjacent to where Careys vehicle was found.
Investigators are still working to discern the identity of the body.