Around the tournament

No. 7 Oklahoma State 81 No. 10 Iowa State 67Despite trailing by three points at half time, the Cowboys stormed back in the second half, outscoring the Cyclones 46-29. Sophomore forward Marshall Moses and junior guard Obi Muonelo paced Oklahoma State with 18 points each. Iowa State sophomore forward Craig Brackins had 23 points.Up next: No. 2 Oklahoma
No. 5 Texas 67 No. 12 Colorado 56After the Longhorns took a 2-0 lead to start the game, they did not let up on the Buffaloes, cruising to a 67-56 victory. Texas junior center Dexter Pittman led the Longhorns with a career-high 26 points. Leading scorer senior guard A.J. Abrams scored 10 points in the victory.Up next: No. 4 Kansas State
No. 9 Baylor 65No. 8 Nebraska 49In the other day-one upset of the tournament, the Bears battled off a Nebraska team that tied the game twice in the first half. However, the Cornhuskers couldn’t keep pace, falling behind 30-27 at half time. Nebraska senior guard Ade Dagunduro kept the Cornhuskers close with 21 points, but Baylor had four players score in double digits and out-rebounded Nebraska 43-18.Up next: No. 1 Kansas