Arrest made in sexual assault case

An arrest was made Thursday in a sexual assault case that occurred on campus, according to a press release from Lt. Allan Baron of the University Police Department.
A police report was made Sunday after the alleged assault took place earlier the same day in a residence hall. Freshman Shane Anthony Jasek was arrested without incident, charged with sexual assault and taken to the Brazos County Jail.
“The safety of our community does not have borders,” said Baron in the press release. “It is the goal of every law enforcement agency to protect the citizens that we serve. Be the eyes and ears of your police department.”
Baron urged students to contact University, College Station or Bryan police and the Brazos County Sheriff’s office when they see suspicious activity.
“Together we can make a difference in our community,” he said in the statement.
Sexual assault is a second-degree felony, punishable up to 20 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.
Texas A&M University Police Department: 979.845.2345
College Station Police Department: 979.764.3600.
Bryan Police Department and Brazos County Sheriff’s Office: 979.361.3888