76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Asking Yell Leaders to discuss investigation irresponsible

In response to the March 20 editorial:
While I agree that students have the right to know whether Jonathan, Tim, John and Paul are being charged with hazing, they cannot talk about an ongoing investigation as it could harm the investigation.
If and when charges are filed is up to the administration, not these gentlemen. If any of them are charged, at that point they can give their side of the story, but until then everything is in the hands of the administration.
Furthermore, even if they are charged, supposedly in America, people are innocent until proven guilty, so the student body must trust them and assume they are innocent and ignore this investigation while considering who to choose to represent us as yell leaders.
If any of these gentlemen are elected and are later found to be guilty of hazing then they will surely be dealt with appropriately, which is likely to include removal from their position.
On the other hand if we choose not to elect some of these gentlemen because of this controversy, and we later find out that they were not involved, there is no redress. We must let the system do its job instead of trying to bypass it.
Jonathan Platt
Class of 2004