Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Attorney speaks out on reseating lawsuit

At a press conference Tuesday in downtown Houston, Claude McQuarrie, the attorney representing upset endowed seat holders in their lawsuit against Texas A&M’s 12th Man Foundation, shed new light on the Kyle Field
re-seating debate.
McQuarrie gave an overview of the case and presented some of the evidence that will be presented at the hearing, scheduled for Aug. 2, on the motion for temporary injunction against
the Foundation.
“The Foundation thinks that this matter is contained,” McQuarrie said. “They believe that there are only one or two … owners that are so upset and in the position to do something about it, and that they can weather that storm. Nothing could be further from the truth.”
President of the Foundation, Skip Wagner, said Tuesday to The Battalion that there is no language in the endowment agreement that guarantees exact seats in an exact section, but rather guarantees seats in an “endowed seating area.”
“We think that the one case, they don’t have a legal case,” Wagner said. “Our lawyers have looked at that [lawsuit] and will deliver everything that the endowment agreement calls for.”
McQuarrie said the group of upset endowed seat holders is growing daily.
“We have the evidence and we are fully prepared to go to trial if we have to,” McQuarrie said. “I surely hope for the Foundation and the sake of Texas A&M University and for the sake of the students that for all the embarrassment that is going to result, it can be avoided.”