Barbara Bush to speak about White House life

Former first lady Barbara Bush will speak about her book “Reflections: Life after the White House” Tuesday at 11 a.m. in Rudder Theater.
Roman Papadiuk, executive director for the Bush Foundation, said Bush will speak on subjects ranging from the Sept. 11 tragedy to Bush family stories. She will also be reading excerpts from the book.
“(Barbara) Bush will be sharing her feelings about 9-11, her son’s inauguration and humorous vignettes of Bush family experiences,” Papadiuk said. “And as a special treat, former President George Bush will be introducing his wife.”
Barbara Bush is speaking as part of the Kay and Britt Rice Exhibit Lecture Series.
“The original venue for the lecture was the Annenburg Presidential Conference Center, but due to expressed interest, the location was changed to Rudder Theater,” said Warren Finch, director of the Bush Presidential Library.
At the conclusion of Bush’s lecture, she will take questions from the audience, Papadiuk said.
The life of Barbara Bush will be the feature exhibit for the Bush Presidential Library beginning in April, said Patricia Burchfield, curator for the Bush Library
“This year is ‘Year of the Woman’ at the George Bush Presidential Library,” Burchfield said.
Tickets to the event are free and available at the Memorial Student Center Box Office, KBTX-TV, The Bryan-College Station Eagle and WTAW Radio.