Baseball is not finished yet

On opening day against lowly Wright State, Olsen Field was packed with 7,343 fans there to watch the top-ranked Texas A&M baseball team.
Seventy-four days later, the Aggies have fallen to No. 16 in the National Collegiate Baseball Writers poll and are averaging 3,951 fans a game.
With the season nearing its end, this baseball team deserves as much student support as it can get. Though finals are days away, students should take a break from studies to pack Olsen Field and help the A&M baseball team make a strong run to the finish.
The good news is A&M is in third place in the Big 12 with a 13-8 record, trailing conference-leading Texas by one game with a series against the Longhorns yet to be played. The Aggies are also still in contention for a national seed in the NCAA tournament or at the least could host a regional tournament.
There are three home games remaining on the A&M schedule, starting today when the Sam Houston State Bearkats and former Aggie Head Coach Mark Johnson travel to Aggieland. A&M will then start a critical Big 12 series against No. 8 Texas Friday at Olsen.
The other two games of the series are in Austin, so students should take some time away from studying for finals and make the road trip to support the A&M baseball team against the archrival Longhorns.
Texas is 33-11-1 overall, 15-8-1 in conference play and are ranked No. 4 nationally in ratings percentage index. The Longhorns are the biggest threat to the Aggies’ chance at earning a third consecutive Big 12 championship.
The Aggies will complete their home schedule with a midweek game against Texas State on May 12. The Bobcats are 33-12 overall and are ranked No. 32 nationally in RPI. Texas State has played well against A&M in the past so the game should be as entertaining as any.