Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Baylor towel- out to support wildfire relief

More than 20 student organizations met Monday evening to discuss logistics regarding the Texas Wildfire Relief organization, a nonprofit group created by Bryan Burrets, class of 2007.
Pepsi Co. donated 10,000 maroon Twelfth Man towels, with print provided by C.C. Creations, in support of the students’ vision — creating a complete “towel-out, white-out” football game against Baylor on Oct. 15.
The idea, Burrets said, is that students will compliment the towels with white t-shirts, sporting a symbol of hope for the fire victims and their families. “This way, Aggies can show their support for the cause and get A&M noticed,” Burrets said.
All of the proceeds from towel sales will go to the American Red Cross of Texas and The Texas Volunteer Firefighters, in support of their relief efforts.
Currently, towels can be purchased for $3 online at www.aggiewildfirerelief.com. So far, more than 2,000 have been sold. According to Student Body President Jeff Pickering, students will sell towels for $2 at booths across campus later in the week. “There was a unanimous consensus at the meeting tonight that student organizations were for the movement,” Pickering said. “We’re going to make this happen.”
Natalee Blanchat,
staff writer