Best RPG to date

Every gamer knows that with a role-playing game series, if you have played one, you have played them all. Often times, many games within a series display the same game play exhibited in its predecessor, as seen in “Grand Theft Auto.” This widespread belief does not hold a candle to the new release from Bethesda Softworks, “The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.”
As the player travels throughout the game’s world, he may do so in either a first- or third-person view. In either case, the game is seen through the eyes of the main character. The player is able to choose from a variety of races, including Imperials (humans), Orcs, Elves and a reptilian race called Argonians, just to name a few. Each race exhibits skill bonuses and specials in the areas of both offense and defense. Such bonuses include the conjuring of and resistance to magicka, hand-to-hand and long range combat and the art of speechcraft.
The player is also able to choose from an array of weapons, magicka and armor to aid the fight along the way. The novice had best be prepared for a two-hour learning curve, as this is not the easiest game to play because of its abundant controls.
The most mesmerizing aspect of the game is the aesthetic quality, which is a huge step up from the game’s predecessor, “The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.” Whether above the ground in a town or below in a dungeon or sewer, the graphics and lavish environments captivate the player. The world responds to the character’s every move. The game supports unprecedented visuals as it exhibits perhaps the most realistic nature landscape ever created in a video game. More than 1,000 non-player characters are able to hold full conversations with the player and exhibit full 24/7 schedules.
The only downside to the state-of-the-art graphics is the need for the newest processor and graphics card. The average computer will create long loading and lag times, unable to support the demanding graphics.
With over 40 hours of gameplay, the player gets the most out of this critically acclaimed PC hit. If you are seeking the best role-playing experience from a game to date, “The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion” is a must-have for any gamer’s collection.