Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Bigger, better, battier

How do you follow a major blockbuster game? Make another one of course, and that’s exactly what Rocksteady Studios did with its second outing, Batman: Arkham City.
I’m sure if you’re a Batman and video game lover, you have already made up your mind to buy Arkham City — and rightfully so. Arkham Asylum was the best superhero video game ever until its sequel came onto the scene. Rocksteady understood its audience and the masterpiece the studio created and improved it in almost every way possible.
Story
This time around, the higher-ups in Gotham City decided it would be a great idea to section off an isolated part of the city and put every crook in town in a super-jail dubbed “Arkham City.” From small pickpockets to big names like The Penguin and Mr. Freeze, this mini-Gotham becomes a turf war between all the classic Batman villains.
Bruce Wayne, millionaire playboy — excuse me, billionaire playboy — gets thrown into Arkham City as a political prisoner, and thus enters The Batman! You will race across the gritty streets as you try to stop the Joker from unleashing a deadly disease, find out who really is running Arkham City and the mystery behind “Protocol 10.”
There was A LOT of work put into this story, and it will keep you guessing until the end. With Mark Hamill (Star Wars) returning to voice the Joker, he and the rest of the voice actors deliver every line in the game with perfection, making the game’s story better than Batman’s cinematic counterparts.
Gameplay
Though the main story of the game will take you around 10 hours to complete, there is much to do in Arkham City, so don’t be fooled. With plenty of side missions, more than 15 baddies, and a seductive feline to play as Catwoman, you will be busy for a very long time.
Traveling around the city and the rooftops is so flawless that it would even make our friendly neighborhood Spider-man jealous. And, if you purchase the Catwoman downloadable content, you will experience a completely new way to creep and crawl across Arkham City as the femme fatale.
Combat became repetitive in Arkham Asylum. While the concept of taking out waves of enemies remains the same, there’s one big difference this time — Batman is done playing games and is out to hurt. With too many take down motions to count and ninjas, enemies with sniper rifles and body armor and some surprises I won’t spoil, the combat never stays the same. The action keeps you guessing with different enemies and increasing difficulty.
Arkham City gives you the chance to play and develop Batman as you see fit. With upgrades, gadgets, and skills found through augmented reality training, you are going to want to take the time to help Gotham’s Dark Knight.
Graphics
So you always have to talk about graphics and the bottom line is they are gorgeous and add to the overall aesthetic of the game. With its modern redesign of your favorite bad guys and heroes, Arkham City is a treat to any fan or newcomer. And when it comes to the ladies of the game, all I can say is that sex sells.
Summary
The final verdict is that Arkham City is great! I don’t mean good — it really is one of the best games of the year, on par with the heavy-hitting blockbusters of this quarter. With a story that will shock you, gameplay and combat that will rock you and an art style that will move you, Arkham City is a no-brainer for anybody.