Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Bill likely to leave scattered thunderstorms and winds in Brazos Valley

Although the National Hurricane Center is no longer issuing advisories on tropical depression Bill, scattered showers and thunderstorms are still possible for Brazos Valley on Thursday and Friday, said Shel Winkley, chief meteorologist at KBTX.

“[Bill] will cruise out of Texas into Oklahoma and eventually towards Arkansas. Now, what that means for us is that it’s still going to be pulling in moisture out of the Gulf of Mexico,” Winkley said. “We’re not going to be looking at any big flooding like we’ve had over the past 24 hours but there may be some locally heavy rain that causes some minor flooding here and there.”
Besides local heavy rain and minor flooding, Winkley said tropical depression Bill will leave moderate to strong winds for the weekend.
“The other big impact from Bill that we’re going to have left over heading into the weekend is going to be some generally cloudy skies and the winds are going to stay breezy from the south at about 10-14 mph and gusts upwards at 25 mph,” Winkley said.