Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

Blair’s troops fall short at Nebraska

The Nebraska Cornhuskers shot 66.7 percent from the field in the second half to pull away from Texas A&M women’s basketball team, 65-48 Saturday night in Lincoln, Neb.
After leading 24-23 at halftime, the Cornhuskers (13-2, 3-1 Big 12) ripped off an 18-4 run to start the second half, eventually building a lead as high as 23 points. Nebraska was led by senior guard Margaret Richards who scored 13 points and pulled down six rebounds.
“In the second half, Nebraska did what a good team playing at home had to do,” said A&M coach Gary Blair. “They upped the pressure and hurt us inside.”
The Aggies (7-8, 0-4) were led by senior guards Toccara Williams and Janae Derrick who each scored 12 points.
The Aggies will next take the court Wednesday night when they face No. 15 Colorado in Boulder.