Texas A&M pitcher Evan Aschenbeck (53) throws a pitch during Texas A&M’s game against Florida at the NCAA Men’s College World Series semifinal at Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska on Sunday, June 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Aggies defeat Gators 6-0 to advance to first College World Series finals
Kolton Becker, Sports Writer • June 20, 2024

There’s always a first for everything.  For the first time in program history, Texas A&M baseball is headed to the Men’s College...

Blue Bell to make long-awaited return

Blue Bell ice cream may be on shelves again soon.

The voluntary recall, which began April 20, was a reaction to a listeria outbreak in their Brenham facility which ended up killing three people.

Following the recall, Blue Bell was forced to lay-off 37 percent of their workforce, a total of 1,450 employees.

However, July 14 saw Blue Bell receiving a sizable investment from Texas investor Sid Bass.

Blue Bell CEO and President Paul Kruse said in a press release the investment would lead to a full re-instatement of Blue Bell’s products.

“We are pleased Sid Bass has made a significant investment with our company,” Kruse said. “The additional capital will ensure the successful return of our ice cream to the market and our loyal customers.”

On August 11, @ILoveBlueBell, Blue Bell’s official twitter account, tweeted their “trucks are on the road again… And yes, they are filled with Blue Bell ice cream!”

H-E-B company spokeswoman Kimberly Harle said in an email to the Houston Chronicle the company expects Blue Bell ice cream to be back on store shelves by mid-September.

“H-E-B has been in communication with Blue Bell on their distribution status,” Harle said in the email. “The decision on assortment and which locations receive product first is completely determined by Blue Bell.”

The exact date of Blue Bell’s return is still unknown.