Aggies a win away from Women’s College World Series after 6-5 victory over Longhorns

Board of Regents approve A&M seal update, Flag Room re-naming

The Texas A&M University Board of Regents met Wednesday, approving a number of items, including an update to the university seal.
The “T-star” logo in the center of the seal will now be replaced by the beveled “Block T” logo. According to a report by The Eagle, “the change will take place gradually through ‘normal obsolescence.’” The logo has remained unchanged since 1963.
Nike designed the beveled “Block T” in 1999, but not until 2011 did former A&M president R. Bowen Loftin mandate its use across the university.
The board also approved the renaming of the Flag Room in the Memorial Student Center, as well as the naming of the exterior columns of Kyle Field, however, specific names were not disclosed at this time.
In addition, the board approved the appointment of the new dean for the College of Liberal Arts, Pamela R. Matthews.
The board also adopted a resolution honoring Mark Hussey for his service as interim Texas A&M president.