Board of Regents approves Pugh as VPSA

Courtesy

Daniel J. Pugh has been appointed the new Vice President of Student Affairs.

Chancellor John Sharp and the Board of Regents approved the appointment of new Vice President of Student Affairs Daniel J. Pugh, Sr., Ph. D. in a telephonic meeting at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday afternoon, according to a Texas A&M University Newswire press release.

According to the press release, President Michael Young said Dr. Pugh was selected after a nationwide search by a university advisory committee.

“Dr. Pugh stood out among those in the excellent pool of candidates for this key position and we are obviously pleased that he has accepted our offer to join Texas A&M’s executive team,” Young said in the press release.

Dr. Pugh currently serves as the senior student affairs officer for the University of Arkansas and remains an associate professor of the College of Education and Health Professions’ Higher Education Leadership Program.

The release stated that Dr. Pugh will replace Tom Reber, who has served as both associate and interim VPSA since the departure of Gen. Joe Weber.