Bomb turns out to be packing material

The College Station Police Department received a phone call at 2:35 p.m. Thursday from an employee at the College Station Medical Center saying he found a suspicious package in the East Medical Office Building.
CSPD Public Information Officer Lt. Rodney Sigler said that in cases like these, the police station is there for aid, but the facility itself will decide whether or not to evacuate the building.
“After helping evacuate only the East Medical Office Building, we had our bomb squad go check out the package,” he said. “After a while, they figured out that it was nothing and it ended up being just packing material.”
In these cases, the bomb squad will send in a robot controlled by a remote to check out the package.
Sigler said that even though there ended up not being a bomb, the call was significant so they had to check it out.
“We don’t get these calls very much at all. It’s just like everything else, though, you’ve got to treat them all [as if they were] real,” he said.
“You know, we have burglar alarms that we have to answer every single night, and every day there are panic alarms at the stores. We treat every one of them as if they were real because the one time you don’t is the one time it’s going to be real.”