A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy Cox April 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

Texas A&M outfielder Jace Laviolette (17) hits a home run during Texas A&M’s game against The United States Air Force Academy on Tuesday, April 16, 2024 at Olsen Field. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
No. 1 Aggies combine for 28 runs in doubleheader sweep of Crimson Tide
Luke White and Justin ChenApril 19, 2024

Game 1 If the Texas A&M baseball team can treat each inning like it’s been playing in the fifth frame during the past week, it shouldn’t...

Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Bradbury champions putting humans on Mars

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) – Ray Bradbury, author of the science-fiction classic ”The Martian Chronicles,” says President Bush’s proposal to put humans on Mars could open new worlds in much the same way European explorers discovered America.
”We have to imagine what they couldn’t imagine. Because of their exploration they created us – the greatest country in the history of the world,” Bradbury said Saturday after a book-signing.
”We’re going to go with real people and land on Mars in the next 20 years, and I’m going to be buried in a tomato soup can on Mars,” joked Bradbury, who is 83. ”I’ll be the first one up there.”