Brett Giroir resigns as executive vice president and CEO of TAMHSC

Shane Hinckley, vice president for marketing and communications for the office of the president, confirmed to The Battalion Monday that Brett Giroir resigned from his position as the executive vice president and chief executive officer of the Texas A&M Health Science Center.

In a memo from University President Michael Young, Young announced that Paul E. Ogden, currently the interim dean of the College of Medicine and interim vice president for clinical affairs, will assume the role of interim executive vice president and CEO.

In the memo, Young said he appreciated the work of the former Health Science Center CEO, but both KBTX and The Eagle reported that Giroir was forced to resign.

Giroir assumed the leadership of the Health Science Center in October 2013 and his work has focused on life threatening infectious diseases. Giroir is the recipient of the Secretary of Defense Medal for Outstanding Public Service and the Texas A&M University System Excellence in Innovation Award in 2010.