Items from Lt. Col. David Michael Booth, Class of 1964, on display at the Muster Reflections Display in the Memorial Student Center on Wednesday, April 17, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
Muster Reflections Display held ahead of ceremony
Hilani Quinones, Assistant News Editor • April 18, 2024

Until April 21, visitors can view personal memorabilia from fallen Aggies who will be honored at the 2024 Muster Ceremony. The Aggie Muster...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Shanielle Veazie, Sports Writer • April 17, 2024

Early pitching woes gave Texas A&M softball all the momentum needed to defeat the University of North Texas, 11-1, in a matchup on Wednesday,...

The Highway 6 Band performs while listeners slow dance at The Corner Bar and Rooftop Grill on Sunday, March 24, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
'Life is a Highway' (6 Band)
Amy Leigh Steward, Assistant Life & Arts Editor • April 17, 2024

It starts with a guitar riff. Justin Faldyn plays lead, pulling rock and blues out of the strings.  After a beat, comes the beat of the drums,...

Think your music taste somehow makes you different? Opinion writer Isabella Garcia says being unique is an illusion. (Photo by Kyle Heise/The Battalion)
Opinion: The myth of uniqueness
Isabella Garcia, Opinion Writer • April 16, 2024

You’re basic. It’s thought that the term “basic bitch” originated from a 2009 video of Lil Duval standing on a toilet in front of...

Brothers orphaned in plane crash seek home

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Hundreds of people have offered to take in three orphaned brothers who survived a plane crash on a frigid mountainside and the boys’ condition was upgraded Wednesday from critical to serious.
Offers to provide a home for the Ferris boys — Ryan, 2, Jordan, 5, and Tyler, 10 — were pouring in, but Smith said they will live with relatives in upstate New York once they’re well enough to leave the hospital.
The family of seven was returning home to Swanzey, N.H., from a Florida vacation Sunday when their single-engine Piper Cherokee Six slammed into a snow-covered mountain in southwestern Massachusetts. Tayne Ferris and sons Shawn, 12, and Kyle, 9, died at the scene; the boys’ father, Ronald Ferris, died later from his injuries.
The boys’ grandparents, aunt and uncle have stayed with them since they arrived at the hospital, Smith said.
That made “a huge difference in their anxiety levels,” said Dr. Thomas Cohen, a pediatric trauma surgeon at Albany Medical Center Hospital. He said the boys are talking and have “captured everybody’s hearts” among the 60 to 75 medical staff involved in their care.