76th Speaker of the Senate Marcus Glass, left, poses with incoming 77th Speaker of the Senate Ava Blackburn.
Student leaders reflect on years of service in final Student Senate meeting
Justice Jenson, Senior News Reporter • April 18, 2024

The Student Government Association wrapped up its 76th session by giving out awards such as the Senator, Committee and Statesman of the Year...

Freshman Tiago Pires reaches to return the ball during Texas A&M’s match against Arkansas on Sunday, April 7, 2024 at Mitchell Tennis Center. (Lana Cheatham/The Battalion)
No. 14 Aggies receive early exit from SEC Tournament
Matthew Seaver, Sports Writer • April 19, 2024

The No. 14 Texas A&M men’s tennis team fell to the No. 44 LSU Tigers 4-3 in a down-to-the-wire duel on Thursday, April 18. Facing off at...

Julia Cottrill (42) celebrating a double during Texas A&Ms game against Southeastern Louisiana on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
Muffled the Mean Green
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

(Graphic by Ethan Mattson/The Battalion)
Opinion: ‘Fake Money,’ real change
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 19, 2024

Us Aggies live privileged existences: companies beg us to take on tens of thousands in loans.  I know this may sound contradictory, but the...

Building collapses in Cairo suburb; at least eight dead

CAIRO, Egypt – Rescue workers used bulldozers and cranes to clear rubble and search for survivors Tuesday after an 11-story building caught fire and collapsed, killing at least nine people.
After working through the night under spotlights, authorities recovered eight bodies – seven firefighters and police officers as well as a private citizen, according to rescue officials on the scene and Egypt’s semiofficial Middle East News Agency.
At least six people remained trapped in the rubble, and a member of the rescue team told The Associated Press that rescuers had heard from a survivor beneath the debris. The survivor said two others were alive with him, according to the rescue worker, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
Gen. Mohammed el-Moayyed, in charge of rescue efforts on the scene, said that six firefighters were believed to still be trapped in the rubble and probably some workers from the appliance store.