Bus shuttle provides holiday transit to University students

Just in time for Thanksgiving break, A&M Transportation Services is offering students an effortless alternative to filling up a tank of gas for a long drive home for holiday breaks: Campus Connectors break shuttles.
For the first time, A&M is partnering with Campus Connector to give students the option of taking break shuttles from A&Ms Campus to San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and Houston for Thanksgiving and Christmas Breaks.
We didnt have a service in place to help Aggies who dont bring a vehicle to get home during semester breaks, said Ron Steedly, alternative transportation manager at Texas A&M. Campus Connector fills this gap.
During the 2012-2013 school year, Campus Connector will serve up to 20 college campuses across the nation for Thanksgiving, winter and spring breaks.
June Broughton, communications manager for transportation services, said she is excited to offer these services to students who simply dont want to drive and also to those without vehicles.
The first shuttle service offered is for this Thanksgiving, so we dont have data yet, Broughton said. But we have had numerous inquiries from students regarding the service and all were very excited that it is offered.
To take the break shuttle from A&M, students must sign up on Campus Connectors website, pay the fee of $35 for one way or $65 for round trip and meet at Reed Arena at the time designated for the desired city with a ticket in hand.
The break shuttles arrive at a central location in the city of choice and provide students with comfort, safety and entertainment features for a relaxing transportation alternative after a long week of finals or exams.
The deadline to sign up for the upcoming Thanksgiving break shuttle is Friday and sign ups are on their website http://www.breakshuttle.com/collections/all-schools/products/texas-a-m-university-break-shuttle.