Bush Library opens new exhibit

Former President George H. W. Bush was at the presidential library yesterday evening to open its new exhibit, “The Sports and Outdoors President.” The exhibit showcases Bush’s commitment to wildlife conservation as a politician and his enjoyment of the outdoors as a sportsman and fisherman.
Johnny Morris, founder of Bass Pro Shops and one of Bush’s personal friends in attendance, said Bush demonstrated his love for the outdoors through the numerous conservation initiatives he supported.
“President Bush established more wildlife refugees than any other president,” Morris said. “He restored and protected over 3 million acres of wetlands during his tenure. He established… one of the great conservation plans of our time. His approach is so common sense, to achieve good things for conservation.”
Along with Morris, Bush and several friends shared fishing stories, and praised the outdoor sport as both enjoyable and relaxing.
“I love the challenge of hooking and landing a fish and of sharing the experience with family and friends,” Bush said. “There is something so special about the peaceful solitude that open seas and wide rivers provide and I am so glad we can share so many of these experiences and trips.”
The public can visit the exhibit at the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum during operating hours, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.