Bush’s war decision should be praised

I am tired of so many people in this country, and many on campus, “peacefully protesting” this impending war and claiming that their freedom of speech is violated when they overstep their bounds. You “code pink” wearing protesters should speak your peace (though I’m not listening) and then shut up and go home.
Where are the patriots? No matter what people say, peace cannot be achieved without war. That’s just a fact. This issue with Iraq has been going on for far too long.
Thank God we now have a president who is ready, willing and adamant about going in and getting the job done. Regardless of our opinions, whether we are for or against this war, we, as free Americans, must support the troops.
Our protests are a slap in the face to all those men and women who have gone before, fighting to protect this country, and those who are continuing that same fight at this very moment. We need to put our political ties aside and join in the common good to rally behind our troops, our President and all that this country stands for. That’s the least we can do. God bless America.
Holly McGraw
Class of 2005