Campus Briefs – Medical Sciences Library hosts librarian from Nairobi

Raphael Euppah, head of the Nairobi Hospital Library in Kenya, is attending clinical rounds with veterinary librarians, learning about resources management and taking the Traditions Walking Tour of the campus. Euppah is visiting Texas A&M’s Medical Sciences Library through May 13 as part of the annual Cunningham Memorial International Fellowship program sponsored by the Medical Library Association.
The Medical Sciences Library is participating for the first time in the program, which supports a visiting librarian from outside the U.S. or Canada for a four-month period of observation and supervised work in health sciences libraries.
Euppah arrived in College Station after visiting the University of Florida Medical Center Library in Gainesville, Christiana Care Medical Library in Wilmington and the Gunderson Lutheran Library in LaCrosse. He has also visited the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda. During his stay at Texas A&M, he will visit libraries at the Scott and White Clinic and the Veteran’s Administration Hospital in Temple, the Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas and the Houston Medical Center and MD Anderson Cancer Center.