Texas A&M infielder Ryan Targac (12) hits a walk-off single to run-rule Arkansas during Texas A&M’s game against Arkansas at Olsen Field on Saturday, May 18, 2024. (Chris Swann/The Battalion)
‘Every decision and choice I’ve made has led up to that moment’

It started with a commotion in the Texas A&M baseball dugout.  With the No. 5 Aggies up 13-4 over No. 3 Arkansas with a runner on second...

Campus Brifs – Prof recognized by national endowment

David Gore, an instructor in the Department of Communications, has been selected from a national applicant pool to attend one of 32 summer study opportunities supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Gore will participate in a seminar titled “Joseph Smith and the Origins of Mormonism: Bicentennial Perspectives.” The six-week program will be held at Brigham Young University and co-directed by Richard Bushman, Governor Morris Professor of History emeritus at Columbia University and Grant Underwood Professor of History at BYU.
The 15 teachers selected to participate in the program each receive a stipend of $4,300 to cover their travel, study, and living expenses. Topics for the 32 seminars and institutes offered for college and university teachers this summer include the Bayeux Tapestry, religion and culture, Latin American philosophy, African cinema, the early American republic, the Vietnam War and studies of major figures such as St. Francis of Assisi, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Joseph Smith, Eugenio Maria de Hostos, Jose Marti, William Faulkner, and Hannah Arendt.
The approximately 550 teachers who participate in these studies will teach over fifty thousand American students the following year.