The No. 3 Texas A&M baseball team took on No. 1 Tennessee Thursday at 1 p.m. at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama. Despite its...

Candidate profile: Bobby Brooks

Bobby+Brooks
Photo by Alexis Will
Bobby Brooks

Aggie story
Economics junior Robert “Bobby” Brooks said his experience at Texas A&M has been unlike any other.
With maroon blood running in his family, Brooks hoped to follow in his father’s and brother’s footsteps with his decision to head to Aggieland. When he was 11 years old, he shared with his mother his dream to one day become the president of A&M.
“My father is Class of ‘68, so my Aggie story began when I was born,” Brooks said. “I visited A&M a few times while growing up, and it wasn’t until one time that I visited my brother who was attending A&M that I knew I couldn’t be anywhere else. I recall leaving College Station after spending a long weekend with my brother in College Station, and I told my mother so proudly that I wanted to be the President of A&M.”
Brooks said he maintains the same pride for the university today that he did when he was younger, and looks forward to the rest of his life representing the Aggie spirit.
“My Aggie experience has been something I wouldn’t trade for the world. The people at Texas A&M are different, and that’s been apparent to me since my first day here,” Brooks said. “Each person that I meet here holds the same high level of courtesy and respect for others, and that encourages me to give back.”
While he has faced various trials that have made him stronger, Brooks said his time at the university has provided opportunities to broaden communication with people in a way that has impacted him.
“I’ve met so many challenges that have worked to build me holistically,” Brooks said. “This university has given me many good opportunities to interact with people different than me, to share with each other what we find special in our lives, and that has been transformative in my learning experience.”

Platform
The foundation of Brooks’ platform is established upon four main points: Diversity and inclusion, student services, student fees and academic excellence.
“I will work to increase communication in all areas, to create a campus that values the individual experiences and abilities of each Aggie, and make sure that the students’ voice is not looked over when making hard-hitting decisions,” Brooks said.
While he can empathize with the challenges many may face in college, Brooks said he aspires to speak on behalf the student body of Texas A&M.
“Most importantly, I want to be the voice for each student. I understand the difficulty of the college experience, and I want to advocate for the student perspective wholeheartedly,” Brooks said. “This campus has a lot of growth in the upcoming years, and I want to help guide it for the betterment of each Aggie.”
More information on Brooks’ policy can be found at bobbybrooksforsbp.com.