Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Candidate profile: Kilian Bresnahan

Kilian+Bresnahan
Photo by Photo by Alexis Will
Kilian Bresnahan

Aggie story
Getting involved has never been a problem for management information systems junior Kilian Bresnahan, who found his passion in student government as a freshman.
Bresnahan served as vice president of the freshman class and is currently the junior class president.
“I have been taught to always seek out new challenges that will help me build personal character, create friendships and positively impact the community,” Bresnahan said. “It has been said that much is expected of those to whom much has been given. This saying has become my mantra.”
Bresnahan also got involved with the Conference on Student Government Associations and is in charge of inviting other schools to visit Texas A&M to discuss issues affecting student governments around the world. However, Bresnahan found his love for A&M after working with the Aggie Experience Council.
“I got the unique opportunity to show incoming and prospective students what it means to be an Aggie, share our pride and show them the best place on Earth,” Bresnahan said. “I’ve learned a lot from these experiences, and I would love to translate all that I’ve learned and serve our school as student body president to make it even better.”
Bresnahan strives to be like his grandfather, who moved to Mexico to create small businesses for economically disadvantaged communities.
“He helped over 1,000 families become self-sufficient,” Bresnahan said. “I would love to use my past experiences, paired with my future education, to continue my grandfather’s mission.”
On a trip to Brazil two years ago, Bresnahan said he was proud to represent a university that is represented around the world.
“I was proud that even down in South America, Texas A&M was recognized for its academics and long-lived traditions,” Bresnahan said. “I was so proud to be affiliated with such an esteemed university, and I look forward to doing all in my power to make it even greater.”

Platform
Bresnahan’s campaign platform consists of three parts: Support, education and transparency. His support initiative aims to create exam-free career fair weeks, 24-hour library and Rec Center hours and an SEC-wide charity project.
“Career Fair weeks shouldn’t include the added stress of exams,” Bresnahan said. “Students shouldn’t have to move to a different library on campus while studying, so I plan to create an endowment fund to support 24-hour libraries and the rec.”
With his education goals, Bresnahan plans to support student services, educate students on the 25 by 25 Initiative, which aims to have 25,000 students in the Engineering Department by 2025 and be an advocate for student fees.
“Informing you what our university has to offer is one of my top priorities,” Bresnahan said. “We want the administration to prove that [the 25 by 25 Initiative] is an effective plan which does not devalue an A&M engineering degree.”
Finally, Bresnahan plans to create transparency within the Student Government Association and the office of the student body president.
“Everyone should know what is going on behind closed doors,” Bresnahan said. “We will create a committee that is dedicated to finding new and innovative ways to communicate with you.”