Candidate profile: Robert McIntosh

Robert+McIntosh
Photo by Alexis Will
Robert McIntosh

Aggie story
Growing up thinking he would attend school outside of Texas, university studies senior Robert McIntosh had a change of heart during his last couple years of high school before the start of his college career.
Because many respected people in his life attended Texas A&M, McIntosh opened his eyes toward the world of opportunity before him.
“This mindset changed during the course of my junior and senior years of high school, as I began noticing a strong common denominator in the people I admired and held in high esteem,” McIntosh said. “With pretty certain frequency, they would each graduate in turn before setting their sights on College Station. It shouldn’t be too difficult to imagine what happened next and, well, that’s how I got led to Aggieland — or God’s country as we like to refer to it in my house.”
McIntosh said he is grateful for the impact his friends and loved ones made and the way they have helped him appreciate the Aggie core values.
“My Aggie experience has been nothing short of transformational. This university has introduced me to some of the best men and women I know,” McIntosh said. “My experience here has crafted a standard for how I ought to live my life: Relationally, making use of every opportunity I find to serve and lead as a means of impacting others.”

Platform
According to McIntosh, the platform of his campaign is a demonstration of principles that are not solely promises but plausible points with the intention of accomplishment.
“Our platform is simple; this campaign is not about Robert McIntosh, but about the Aggie opportunity we all have in front of us,” McIntosh said. “To remind and encourage our fellow students to serve the Aggie family while in return getting to meet and know leaders and individuals from around the world and to promote a college experience that is unparalleled.”
McIntosh said he plans to ensure that students gain a professional advantage by being allowed excused absences during career fairs. In addition, he hopes to guarantee that the university administration maintains the student body as its first priority in regards to the importance of food and exercise.
“They have tangibly neglected this by making access to food and exercise very inconvenient during the most stressful time of the semester, and I want to fight to get dining and Rec hours extended during finals,” McIntosh said. “Changes like this will communicate where we are on the university’s list of what truly matters.”
Furthermore, McIntosh said the final point on his platform is to cultivate improved communication by hosting SGA walk-in hours by which students will have the ability to voice concerns.
“We will work hand-in-hand with administration to provide increased knowledge transfer and transparency between university leadership and the student body,” McIntosh said. “Similarly, we will work within Student Government to foster better communication and opportunities for feedback to students as a whole.”
More information on McIntosh’s platform can be found at rallywithrobert.wordpress.com.