Car show roars into Bryan area Saturday evening

The Texas A&M Sports Car Club, the largest collegiate car club in the nation, along with SupaFresh and Bryan-College Station Area-Wide Car Meet, are hosting a monthly car show Saturday and is calling all car enthusiasts to come out.
Steven Skrobarczyk, club president, said the group is co-hosting the show with other local clubs such as BCS Street and SupaFresh, making it the first area-wide show.
Nathan Stephens, senior club member, said people from all over Texas are invited but the organization is focusing on the Brazos Valley.
Stephens said the show is a massive social gathering of people who love their vehicles, whether it’s a car, truck or motorcycle. Stephens said people are free to park their cars, look around and talk to owners about their vehicles.
Skrobarczyk said the uniqueness of the car show helps students find a place to fit their niche at Texas A&M.
“This type of event provides an outlet for any and every type of motorsports enthusiast,” Skrobarczyk said.
Stephens said students should attend the show because it is a great way to meet people with the same passions.
“One of the nice things about the sports car club is you don’t need a sports car to be a member,” Stephens said. “You just have to be a car enthusiast. So even if a student doesn’t have an ‘interesting’ vehicle, they can still bring it out. Odds are really good that they will find someone either into that vehicle or is willing to help them make it interesting.”
The show will be held 8 p.m. Saturday at the Brazos Center.