Texas A&M outfielder Allie Enright (33) makes a diving catch during Texas A&M’s game against Albany at the first round of the NCAA Women’s College World Series at Davis Diamond on Friday, May 18, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M opens regional with 6-2 win over UAlbany

For a moment after UAlbany softball graduate C Maddi Petrella’s first inning two-run home run sailed over the Davis Diamond scoreboard in left...

Career day to feature global business

Student Government Association will have the first International Career Day today and Saturday.
The idea for the event came from Student Body President Mark Gold as an effort to target international students and better prepare them for the business world. All portions of the two-day event will focus on various sectors of globalized business.
“We hope that [our international students] will gain a unique perspective on the business world and gain tools that will increase their competitiveness,” said Executive Council Campus Liaison Karthik Venkatraj. “It is our desire that we will be able to help move our fellow Aggies closer in achieving their dreams in terms of the job they desire.”
The event will begin Friday with a keynote speaker and a business etiquette dinner. On Saturday, students can participate in three round table discussions.
Topics to be covered during the event include résumé writing, cultural awareness and skills training and visa immigration training. The Career Center and International Student Services have contributed to the event by providing speakers and discussion leaders.
The program is offered free to all interested students. Registration has been open all week and has already shown considerable success in drawing international student participation.
“SGA has made it a focus to reach out to all segments of our University, especially international students,” Venkatraj said. “This event not only reaches out to our international Aggies, but helps them in furthering their professional goals.”
Sign-upRegistration is open through today. To find more information or to register, e-mail [email protected].