CARPOOL was misrepresented in trolley column

Mr. Dobbs stated in his column that the only way to go from Northgate to downtown Bryan’s bars is to take CARPOOL. His next sentence read, “Of course, CARPOOL won’t take people from bar to bar (and rightfully so),” when he should have said “CARPOOL will only take you home.” Nice try to cover yourself, but the first sentence should have been left out completely.
Part of the problem with the misconceptions of CARPOOL comes directly from the blatant misrepresentation of what we are. Later in his column, Dobbs claims that “one too many drinks mean that these people are stranded on Northgate unless they try to drive home.” Why not mention that CARPOOL and those awesome people in the bright green shirts standing on the promenade waiting to usher inebriated people into a CARPOOL car then? After all, that IS part of what we do: take drunk people home from Northgate so they aren’t left “stranded.”
I hope one day to read a column that lifts the myths of CARPOOL. Perhaps you can put Dobbs on that assignment and enlighten him on what we are really about.
Chris OckerClass of 2006