Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

CBS exercising free press rights

Andrew Prihoda alleges that, by refusing to air the controversial ad campaign sponsored by the left-wing activist organization MoveOn.org, CBS is infringing on the rights ensured to U.S. citizens by the First Amendment of our Constitution.
This amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press; or of the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”
After exhaustive research, I have found no clause therein that ensures that one’s voice will be heard, or that one’s opinions will be accepted.
In fact, CBS is exercising the right of free press by refusing to endorse content it believes to be false or defamatory. Many times, I have heard liberals tout their First Amendment rights, simultaneously seeking to abridge those rights for people who do not share their ideals.
This closes the public forum to debate. Let’s put an end to the double standard and maintain a free America for all.