Christian apologist presents three-part proof of God

Christian apologist William Lane Craig defended his faith in a lecture Thursday using The Kalm Cosmological Argument and Christian apologetics.
The Veritas Forum in partnership with Ratio Christi and Reformed University Fellowship invited Craig, a Christian apologist, theologian, and philosopher, to Texas A&M to explain Christianity and the Bible using his philosophical and scientific background while making the claim that God is the cause of all existence.
The philosophical argument is that everything is casual in its nature, and that being said, the universe has a cause, which that cause is often interpreted as being God, said Casey Meadows, senior agricultural communications and journalism major.
Apologetics involves a search for answers to questions that inspire doubt, audience members said.
It basically means we take the faith we grew up with and ask why we believe in what we believe and find the answers through science, history, and philosophy, said Lauren Simcic, sophomore political science major, president of Ratio Christi and contributor to The Battalion.
As Craig defended his Christianity through his studies and research, he advised those in the audience to be prepared and have talking points to defend why God exists when speaking to a non-believer.
Preparation and being prepared is a biblical duty. As Christians, were called upon to be prepared and give an answer, Craig said. When you are prepared you are not as defensive because you know the answers.
Craig has written 30 books, including The Kalm Cosmological Argument. This argument has three premises first, whatever begins to exist has a cause of its existence; second, the universe began to exist; third, therefore the universe has a cause.
Hes not saying everything has a cause, but everything that begins to exist has a cause, said masters accounting student Chelsea South.
Some students in attendance considered themselves atheist or agonistic. Justin Carpenter, a senior political science major and treasurer of the Agnostic and Atheist Student Group of Texas A&M, was surprised with Craigs acceptance of evolution and the old universe idea, but not impressed with his redundant argument.
There wasnt anything he said that challenged me, Ive heard all of his arguments before and I did not hear new information that challenged my beliefs even more, Carpenter said.
Craigs said to pay attention to the spiritual and intellectual formation and challenged audience members to read the Bible in Greek and focus on Christ and not argue secondary issues.
The Bible says in 1 Peter 3:15, always be prepared to give a reason for the hope that is in you. Dr. Craig loves to share the good news of the Gospel of Jesus and he presented good reason and logic that supported his beliefs, said junior industrial distribution major Kyle Kelly.