Junior Adela Cernousek tees off during the Bryan Regional of the NCAA Women’s Golf Championship at Traditions Golf Club on Monday, May 6, 2024. (Chris Swann/ The Battalion)

Class to remember

Katy Pounds

While Pounds was not able to play games this season, she was part of many clutch moments during the 2006-2007 season. She was named to the Academic All-Big 12 First Team for the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons. She headed up the Aggies community service program and Head Coach Gary Blair called her a “great teammate to have.”

A’Quonesia Franklin

The shortest player on the team by five inches, Franklin made a statement every time she stepped on the court with her leadership and tenacity. As the point guard, Franklin led the team in assists and poured in three clutch 3-pointers in the Aggies’ Sweet 16 game against Duke. Franklin was also the only member of the team to start every game this season.

Morenike Atunrase

After coming back from an early injury, Atunrase shined as one of the best bench players for the Aggies. She averaged 10.3 points coming off the bench for the Aggies, and was a member of the Texas A&M 1,000-point club and the team’s all-time leading shot blocker. As a guard/forward combo, Atunrase had the ability to play down low, but was also dangerous from behind the 3-point line.

Patrice Reado

Reado was one of the players who did the dirty work for the Aggies and didn’t get recognized. She was ranked near the top for the Aggies in career blocks and was one of the toughest players on the court. She averaged 8.3 points and 4.8 rebounds during her senior season and started 24 games for the Aggies.

LaToya Gulley

Gulley played in 17 games this season, averaging 7.9 minutes a game. Gulley was strong on the defensive end and was able to step in for the starting guards and help the Aggies maintain their defensive intensity. She averaged 1.4 points a game and recorded four steals during her senior season.

Joseph Jones

Standing 6-feet-9-inches, the pride of Normangee, Texas, has been one of the main faces of Aggie basketball for the past four years. With a career record of 95-37, Jones was one of the most successful forwards in Aggie basketball history. His senior year, he averaged 10.3 points and 5.4 rebounds a game. Jones played in the NCAA Tournament three times, and had 14 points and nine rebounds in the Aggies one-point loss to Memphis in the Sweet 16 in 2007.

Dominique Kirk

One of the winningest players in Aggie basketball history, Kirk is known for his defensive tenacity. He was named a Defensive All-American for the 2006-2007 season and was consistently named to the Big 12 All-Defense Team. While he averaged 8.4 points a game during his senior season, he led the team in assists and was excellent from the free-throw line.

Beau Muhlbach

At 6-feet-5-inches, Muhlbach was a strong bench player for the Aggies in the 2007-2008 season. After transferring from Arizona in 2004, Muhlbach saw little playing time under previous coach Billy Gillispie. Under Head Coach Mark Turgeon, however, Muhlbach was awarded for his toughness with extra playing time and put up solid numbers late in the season. He averaged 2.4 points a game off the bench and shot 48.9 percent from the floor.