Texas A&M infielder Rylen Wiggins (2) reacts during Texas A&M’s game against Texas at the Austin Super Regional at Red and Charline McCombs Field in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, May 26, 2024. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Aggies’ season ends with heartbreaking loss to Longhorns

Sharper play in the sixth innings of Texas A&M softball’s NCAA Super Regional series with No. 1 Texas may have been the difference between...

College of Veterinary Medicine to celebrate $3.2 million aviary

The Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, CVM, will celebrate the grand opening of the Avian Health Complex Thursday, according to an A&M news release.
The $3.2 million aviary intends to exemplify the commitment of the CVM to its Exotic Bird Health Program. The aviary is designed to house several species, including large macaws and small songbirds. In addition, the aviary includes isolation facilities for infectious disease research, quarantine facilities to house new birds, a clinic, a bird ward, a laboratory and teaching facilities.
The grand opening will feature comments from CVM Dean Eleanor Green and distinguished CVM professor Ian Tizard, as well as a ribbon cutting.
The grand opening will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on 701 Farm Service Road. Visitor parking will be available at the General Services Complex.