College Station warrant amnesty to end Oct. 30

The fall warrant amnesty period for College Station and Brazos County, which began Oct. 12, will run through Oct. 30, according to a College Station Municipal Court news release.

According to the release, the amnesty period, which occurs twice yearly, allows citizens of College Station and Brazos County with outstanding warrants to avoid paying a $50 per case warrant fee if fines are paid in full. If the citizens fail to pay their fines, they will be arrested during the Warrant Round-Up Oct. 31 through Nov. 8.

The City of College Station has cleared 4,938 warrants valued at more than $1.5 million since 2007 through spring and fall amnesty events, according to the release.

Partial payment schedules will not be allowed if citizens wish to avoid the $50 fee. Cash, cashier’s check, credit cards, money orders and personal checks are accepted. Outstanding warrants cannot be paid through College Station’s online citation payment system.
Citizens can check their warrant status if a citation was issued by CSPD on a list published by the College Station Municipal Court at cstx.gov/warrants, or they can contact the City of College Station Municipal Court at 979.764.3683.