Corps of Cadets announces 2017-2018 key leaders

The Texas A&M Corps of Cadets has announced which cadets will serve as senior key leaders for the 2017-2018 school year.
Political science junior Brad Sauer will hold the title of Corps Commander and will formally assume the role this May.
According to Commandant of the Corps of Cadets General Joe Ramirez, the potential candidates are interviewed by a panel including staff of the Commandant, ROTC staff and all of the cadets who held key leader positions this academic year.
“The competition was pretty stiff,” Ramirez said. “We had some very, very good cadets apply this year as we have every year that I’ve been here. The competition was very, very tough, but Brad Sauer rose to the top.”
Ramirez said the factors taken into consideration in the selection of the Corps Commander include leadership ability, poise during the interview process, involvement in activities on campus, characteristics shown and positions held within the Corps.
“There’s a whole variety of things that we look at with respect to selecting who’s going to be the Corps Commander,” Ramirez said. “It was obviously very competitive, but Brad Sauer was a pretty easy pick when it came to determining who the Corps Commander was going to be for next year.”
Management senior Sara Wojcak will serve as the Deputy Corps Commander along with the new Chief of Staff, physics senior Hailey Kryszewski.