Corps of Cadets, Interfraternity Council respond to Friday’s Bid House incident

The Interfraternity Councils Bid House on Friday was said to have disrupted the Corps of Cadets duty of lowering the flags in front of the Administration Building in a Facebook post.
Senior mathematics major and executive officer of Squadron 1 Jon Mueller posted a picture and account of Friday evenings event. In the post, Mueller said he and his cadets were booed and harassed by IFC members gathered on the steps of the Administration Building. Mueller also said several IFC members attempted to prevent his block, a unit of freshmen and sophomore cadets, from returning to the Quad. Mueller said in the post that University Police officers dispersed several IFC members.
By time of press, UPD was not able to confirm any of the details surrounding Fridays incident.
Corps Commander Marquis Alexander and IFC President Matt Runkel released a joint statement Sunday night.
The statement is as follows:
After an incident occurred at the traditional IFC Bid House event on Friday, on behalf of the Corps of Cadets and the Interfraternity Council, we apologize for any mistakes that may have been made by individuals at this event. The Corps of Cadets and IFC have built a strong relationship and will continue to stand united as Aggies in the midst of this incident. Its our hope that our University will never be one organization versus another, but that most importantly we will stand together as a family at all times. Our University has taken great strides in unification and its our hope that this situation will cause us to grow closer together rather than pull us apart. Both organizations hold the ideals and values of Texas A&M in the highest regard and hope to enact these values in serving our University, community, and nation together now and in the future.