CS city manager dies at 48

College Station City Manager Frank Simpson died Saturday of an apparent heart attack.
Simpson, 48, collapsed at his home while doing yard work and was taken to College Station Medical Center, College Station Mayor Nancy Berry said.
Simpson, Class of 1986, had served as College Station city manager for less than a month. He previously worked as the city’s deputy city manager for two years before being named interim city manager in January.
Before coming to Texas A&M, Simpson served as city manager of Missouri City and Webster, and as assistant city manager of La Marque.
“His long-term desire was to get back to College Station as a city manager,” said Allen Owen, Missouri City mayor and friend of Simpson. “He got just what he wanted out of life, and that was to finish his career at A&M.”
Owen said Simpson was a dedicated family man and a very caring person.
“The thing I remember most about him is his laughter, just joy for life,” Owen said.
Simpson is survived by his wife Kelly and three children.
“We are all deeply shocked and saddened by the news of Frank’s passing,” Berry said in a press release. “While he had only recently started his tenure as city manager, Frank’s passion for this community was evident every day. He will be sorely missed by our council, city staff and all who knew and worked with him.”