CSPD investigates murder, drug case; questions student

A College Station man was shot and killed Monday night after an attempted robbery of a residence. The next day, an A&M student was questioned by the College Station Police Department as a witness to the murder.
The victim was Christopher Reeves, son of the recently appointed Brazos County constable.
A probable cause statement reported that Reeves and a Robert Farr, 28, approached a residence at the corner of Holik Drive and Anderson Street an A&M students residence after setting up a purchase for one pound of marijuana.
Farr told CSPD that he and Reeves had no intention of buying the marijuana and set up the purchase with the intent to steal the drugs from Robert Reese, who lived at the residence.
Farr said upon their arrival, Reeves went inside the residence while Farr waited in the vehicle. Soon after entering, Reeves ran outside and returned to the vehicle with a gunshot wound to the back.
Farr transported Reeves to the College Station Medical Center where he was pronounced dead about 20 minutes later.
Investigators met with Farr outside the ER, informed him that the case was a murder investigation and transported him at his consent to the police department for an in-depth interview.
The student was approached by CSPD while leaving class Tuesday. He was questioned for potentially having information helpful to the murder investigation, according to Rhonda Seaton of CSPD.
Lt. Allan Baron of UPD said University police assisted in locating the witness.
Investigators continue to gather information from the crime scene and all parties involved in the incident.
Seaton said more information will be released as it becomes available.