Neil Jhurani, Sports Writer • May 23, 2024

A warm, summer evening bestowed Hoover, Alabama on Wednesday night when the No. 4 Texas A&M Aggies faced the No. 15 Mississippi State Bulldogs...

Details on Texas A&M bomb threat released

Texas A&M University Police Department released further details Tuesday that led to the arrest of a primary suspect in the A&M bomb threat case.
A UPD investigator said he has good reason to believe that Dereon Kelley of Bryan sent an email to Texas A&M stating, Campus will be bombed at twelve this afternoon.
The email was received by A&M Computing Services Center at about 11 a.m. on Oct. 19. Students and staff evacuated the campus.
According to a probable cause statement, an investigator retrieved the IP address from the email regarding the threat and found that the address was linked to Verizon.
The investigator requested information from Verizon and found the address was linked to a Yahoo account. Information was requested from Yahoo and showed that the account belonged to Brittany Henderson.
Henderson was charged with terroristic threat after allegedly emailing a bomb threat to Texas State University on Oct. 18.
After further investigation, records showed that the Yahoo account was accessed by a cellphone belonging to Dereon Kelley at 10:47 a.m. the day A&M received a bomb threat. Kelleys phone number made contact with Texas A&M University Help Desk at 11 a.m. through Yahoo.
Kelley told investigators he was in possession of the cellphone at the time the email was sent and admitted to the FBI that he had access to Hendersons Yahoo account.
After a search warrant was issued, police recovered text messages from Hendersons cellphone between the two suspects both before and immediately after the bomb threat at A&M.
And I logged into your email, Kelley texted the night before the A&M bomb threat.
Ima go ahead and leave brit I will not be hurt any longer dont [c]all or text me for anything goodbye you ruined my love life, Kelley texted the day of the A&M bomb threat.
The connection between Kelley and Henderson, as it pertains to the bomb threat, remains under investigation.