Details released about admin firing

On Wednesday, Deputy Chancellor Jay Kimbrough, who also served as interim chancellor this summer, was released from his position with the System. The Associated Press reported that Kimbrough received notice through an employee-wide email sent by A&M Chancellor John Sharp, who said his position was no longer needed. The AP reported that Kimbrough said he was “frustrated by the process” because he was not contacted by Sharp beforehand. According to the incident report filed by UPD officer Scott Kelly, the A&M System’s General Counsel, Ray Bonilla, said that Kimbrough was visibly upset. “Bonilla stated that Kimbrough refused to hand over his keys and pass card and that Kimbrough brandished a knife in a non-threatening manner. According to Bonilla, Kimbrough stated ‘If anyone is man enough to take them (referring to the keys and pass card) bring it on,'” according to the report. After Kimbrough left the office, he tried to return but was denied, according to the report. No charges are being filed.