E-Society preps bright minds for future business ventures

The Entrepreneurship Society seeks to enable students to develop their entrepreneurial mindset and innovation skills that may lead to a new business, new partnerships or more entrepreneurs in corporations.
We are a club [designed] to build a cross campus collaboration between the schools, with an overall goal to promote and grow entrepreneurship and innovation, said Blade Roybal, sophomore electrical engineering major and co-marketing officer of the Entrepreneurship Society.
E-Society, as it is often called, provides a safe learning environment and incubator for students interested in entrepreneurship. Students can meet other students who may have skills they don’t possess and start developing an idea into a potential business venture.
It’s a place to form new friendships, come up with amazing ideas, and if you meet the right people, start building your own business, Roybal said.
Michael Elizondo, junior technology management major, plans to start his own IT business in the future.
I feel that getting knowledge from entrepreneurs and learning from their experience is very useful for to-be businessmen, Elizondo said. Students should talk to successful people and plan out their own business. This is where E-Society would be of great help.
The members of E-society get a chance to meet experts in the fields of finance, marketing, leadership and business. Many of these experts offer members a chance to learn more about the fields they might be interested in pursuing.
Startup Aggieland provides tools that will help the Aggies understand how to market or how to finance their business ideas, said Julian Tagle, senior industrial engineering major and president and co-founder of E-Society. We are here to get the students ready and provide the momentum to materialize their innovative ideas.
Tagle said the organization collaborates and teaches students by bringing in speakers and conducting workshops. Students are often unaware of resources they can use.
Some of the top-ranked schools have business accelerators, Tagle said. So with students setting up new ventures, Texas A&M would reach new heights and climb up the ranks even further.
Tagle said the shift in the University image should be brightest students working with brightest companies to brightest students creating bright companies. He envisions Aggies starting and managing Fortune 500 companies in the future.
To inspire its members to create these future Fortune 500 companies, E-Society invited the founder and CEO of Jasons Deli, Class of 1970 Joe Tortorice.
If you want to start your own enterprise you need to have a mission and a vision, Tortorice said at the meeting. Business starters wear all kinds of different hats and do all kinds of work so they get to learn a whole bunch of things.