EA Sports to film Aggie cameos for NCAA 2004 video game

This year’s NCAA 2004 football game might have a little taste of Aggieland that it has not had in the past.
EA Sports will be filming Texas A&M football fans at the Zone Plaza at Kyle Field from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday for a chance to be on this year’s NCAA 2004 video game. When users start up the game, the group that is chosen by EA Sports will be seen yelling “EA Sports… It’s in the game!”
NCAA Football is EA Sports’ highest-selling game and is extremely popular with the 15-22 year old bracket, an age group that is an important target for recruiting students and athletes to attend A&M.
“This is a great opportunity for A&M to get more exposure around the nation,” said EA Sports campus intern Matt Crotts, who organized the trip to A&M for EA Sports.
Crotts said that he convinced his bosses to film at A&M this year due to the hype surrounding new A&M Head Coach Dennis Franchione and the improved play of A&M basketball team as well.
“We’ve created a lot of buzz recently and EA Sports is hoping to capture that on Saturday,” Crotts said.
EA Sports has filmed this same cameo at Ohio State, UCLA, Michigan and Kansas for their various collegiate video games.
Sophomore industrial distribution major Luke Boyea said NCAA Football has always been one of the best games out there, and he plans to be there on Saturday for the cameo opportunity at Kyle Field.
“NCAA 2003 is the most fun sports game to play,” Boyea said. “It’s exciting that we have a chance to be a part of the new game at A&M. I can’t wait to get NCAA 2004 and see if I made it.”
Attendees are encouraged to dress for a normal football game with “Maroon Out” shirts, hats, overalls, 12th Man Towels and other Aggie football paraphernalia.
Fans will be able to see if they are on the game when NCAA 2004 hits store shelves in August.