Texas A&M players watch fireworks after Texas A&M’s game against Ole Miss on Friday, April 19, 2024 at Davis Diamond. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
The sun will come out
The sun will come out
Incoming journalism professors Mariano Castillo and Flora Charner sit with former student and Battalion staff member Ken Sury at the FJSA Hall of Fame reception ceremony held in the J. Wayne Stark Galleries in the Memorial Student Center on Friday, April 19, 2024. (Hannah Harrison/The Battalion)
A&M welcomes new journalism professors from CNN, Dallas Morning News
Ana Renfroe and Stacy CoxApril 19, 2024

At a ceremony honoring Aggie journalists, Texas A&M announced it will welcome three new journalism professors in the fall. New hires will...

LSU QB Jayden Daniels (5) runs with the ball during A&Ms game against LSU at Kyle Field on Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022. (Cameron Johnson/The Battalion)
2024 NFL Draft: Ranking every first-round graded quarterback
Mathias Cubillan, Sports Writer • April 21, 2024

As the 2024 NFL Draft in Detroit is closing in, a microscope gets placed on the prospects who play the sport’s most valuable position. Featuring...

The sun will come out
Members of the 2023-2024 Aggie Muster Committee pose outside the Jack K. Williams Administration Building. (Photo courtesy of Aggie Muster Committee)
Orchestrating a century-old tradition
Sydnei Miles, Head Life & Arts Editor • April 18, 2024

As Muster approaches, the Aggie Muster Committee works to organize a now century-old tradition. These students “coordinate every facet” of...

Texas A&M professor Dr. Christina Belanger teaches her Geology 314 class on Wednesday, April 3, 2024, in the Halbouty Geosciences Building. (CJ Smith/The Battalion)
Opinion: Stop beating the dead [virtual] horse
Eddie Phillips, Opinion Writer • April 22, 2024

Snow days were my favorite days of grade school. I would wake up extra early to stand in my living room to peer through the glass toward the...

Early voting opens for primary elections

Early voting for the 2024 primaries have opened and will continue until March 1. (File photo by Cameron Johnson)

Early voting for the 2024 primary elections opened on Feb. 20 and will continue until March 1. 

The primary ballot lists presidential candidates such as Donald Trump and Nikki Haley for the Republican party and Joe Biden running as the incumbent for the Democrat party. Additional offices on the ballot in Brazos County include U.S. senator, U.S. representative for District 10, 12 and sheriff.

The Brazos County Republican ballot also lists propositions up for vote such as Proposition 1 which proposes “eliminating all property taxes without increasing Texans’ overall tax burden,” and Proposition 13 which reads “Texas should ban the sale of Texas land to citizens, governments and entities from China, Iran, North Korea and Russia.”

Registered voters can place an in-person ballot at any listed early-voting location in their respective county. Brazos County registered voters can choose between five polling locations:

• Brazos County Election Administrator Office (McLeod Training Room)
  • Arena Hall
  • Galilee Baptist Church
  • College Station Utilities Meeting & Training Facility
  • Memorial Student Center (MSC)

The hours are as follows:

• Tuesday, Feb. 20 to Friday, Feb. 23 — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Saturday, Feb. 24 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
  • Sunday, Feb. 25 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Monday, Feb. 26 to Friday, March 1 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Upon arrival at any voting location, registered voters are required to have one form of valid identification including but not limited to a voter ID card, a valid Texas driver’s license or a U.S. passport.

Brazos County offers mail-in ballot options for voters who are over 65, out of the country during early voting and election day, disabled or confined in jail. One mail-in option is an application the voter can fill out and return to the county. For voters wishing to submit a mail-in ballot, the last day to receive an application is Friday, Feb. 23 at 5 p.m. 

Alternatively, absentee voters living outside the county can write a letter with their name, local address, address where they are, reason why they’re absentee voting and a party preference and mail or fax it to the Brazos County Election Administrator Office. If mail-in voters choose the later option, Brazos Country requires that the letter have the voter’s signature.

Primary Election Day is on March 5.