Texas A&Ms attendance for the Alabama game was at 108,101 fans ranking it at the third largest game in Kyle Field history.(Ishika Samant/The Battalion)
‘The Mexican 12th Man’

Growing up in the hills of Monterrey, Mexico, Pedro and Carlos Luna were surrounded by soccer.  Clad in the gold and blue of Tigres UANL,...

Early voting opens for primary elections

Early voting for the 2024 primaries have opened and will continue until March 1. (File photo by Cameron Johnson)

Early voting for the 2024 primary elections opened on Feb. 20 and will continue until March 1. 

The primary ballot lists presidential candidates such as Donald Trump and Nikki Haley for the Republican party and Joe Biden running as the incumbent for the Democrat party. Additional offices on the ballot in Brazos County include U.S. senator, U.S. representative for District 10, 12 and sheriff.

The Brazos County Republican ballot also lists propositions up for vote such as Proposition 1 which proposes “eliminating all property taxes without increasing Texans’ overall tax burden,” and Proposition 13 which reads “Texas should ban the sale of Texas land to citizens, governments and entities from China, Iran, North Korea and Russia.”

Registered voters can place an in-person ballot at any listed early-voting location in their respective county. Brazos County registered voters can choose between five polling locations:

• Brazos County Election Administrator Office (McLeod Training Room)
  • Arena Hall
  • Galilee Baptist Church
  • College Station Utilities Meeting & Training Facility
  • Memorial Student Center (MSC)

The hours are as follows:

• Tuesday, Feb. 20 to Friday, Feb. 23 — 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Saturday, Feb. 24 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
  • Sunday, Feb. 25 — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Monday, Feb. 26 to Friday, March 1 — 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Upon arrival at any voting location, registered voters are required to have one form of valid identification including but not limited to a voter ID card, a valid Texas driver’s license or a U.S. passport.

Brazos County offers mail-in ballot options for voters who are over 65, out of the country during early voting and election day, disabled or confined in jail. One mail-in option is an application the voter can fill out and return to the county. For voters wishing to submit a mail-in ballot, the last day to receive an application is Friday, Feb. 23 at 5 p.m. 

Alternatively, absentee voters living outside the county can write a letter with their name, local address, address where they are, reason why they’re absentee voting and a party preference and mail or fax it to the Brazos County Election Administrator Office. If mail-in voters choose the later option, Brazos Country requires that the letter have the voter’s signature.

Primary Election Day is on March 5.