Editorial – Aggies Stand Tall

The Texas A&M community came together to form a powerful image of patriotism Saturday. In the face of national tragedy, a heartening reminder of the American spirit of unity has risen from the ashes of terrorism.
The Red, White and Blue Out was a smashing success, and the nation took notice. A picture of the sea of America’s colors that graced Kyle Field on Saturday was featured on the frontpage of every major newspaper in Texas. And as they have noted, only Aggies could have pulled this off.
The small group of students who organized and coordinated such a large event in a limited amount of time are to be commended. There were many obstacles along the way, including a lack of materials for the unexpected demand and the race against time to meet it.
But overcoming of these challenges is an indication of how, in Aggieland, the seemingly impossible in support of a good cause is indeed possible.
To print and sell more than 70,000 shirts and raise more than $150,000 for relief efforts is nothings short of amazing. After selling out of shirts on Thursday students flocked to help as an overwhelmed local printer could not meet the demand.
With the assistance of the Aggie spirit and the Internet, where the idea was born and began to grow instantly, Aggies dealt with this national tragedy much in the same way they dealt with their own, two years ago this fall: together, with a kind and giving heart.
Brady Creel – Editor in Chief
Mariano Castillo – Managing Editor
Cayla Carr – Opinion Editor
Jonathan Jones – Opinion Editor
Rolando Garcia – News Editor