Elmendorf returns to A&M as color commentator for Aggie football

Former Texas A&M football and baseball player Dave Elmendorf will be rejoining the Aggie football radio broadcast team, A&M Athletic Director Bill Byrne said in his Wednesday Weekly column on aggieathletics.com.
Elmendorf, who served as color commentator alongside play-by-play man Dave South from 1989-2001, will once again provide color commentary with South.
Elmendorf was an outfielder for the A&M baseball team from 1968-1971 gaining All-Southwest Conference from 69-71 and All-American honors in 1971.
Elmendorf played for the A&M football team as a free safety from 1967-1970, earning All-SWC honors in 1969 and 1970 and All-American honors as a senior.
Elmendorf was drafted in the third round of 1971 NFL draft by the Los Angeles Rams where he played nine seasons, choosing football over a professional baseball career with the New York Yankees.
Elmendorf was All-Pro as a Ram and finished his career by playing in Super Bowl XIV in 1980.
In his two seasons away from Aggie football, Elmendorf provided color commentary for selected televised college football games.
Elmendorf also serves as managing director of Miramont Development Corp. in Bryan, Texas.