Ex-Bush staffers to share stories

The George Bush Presidential Library Foundation will host three former Bush staffers as part of the William Waldo Cameron Forum on Public Affairs. The speakers will discuss their experiences working under President George H.W. Bush and how those moments have shaped their careers.
Fred McClure, CEO of the foundation and moderator for the event, said the forum is an outlet for students to gain exposure in public policy.
“The program was established by a woman named Flora Cameron Crichton as a memorial to her father, who was an Aggie,” McClure said. “The whole concept is to have a discussion of public policy issues and to bring speakers to campus to allow not only our members but also our students to be exposed to those kind of speakers.”
The panelists include Judy Smith, inspiration for and co-executive producer of the TV show “Scandal,” former Deputy Press Secretary Kathleen Shanahan, chairman and CEO of URETEK Holdings, Inc. and former White House special assistant, and Ivan Allen, former deputy assistant secretary for legislation and acting assistant secretary of housing.
McClure said the panelists will go over details of their time in political positions along with the gap ibetween then and their careers today. 
“They will be talking about what happened during their time working for the president, the things they did and how they got there,” McClure said. “We will also talk about what has happened in the 20 something years in between.”
The forum will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Annenberg Presidential Conference Center. Entry is free and open to the public. Tickets are available at the MSC Box Office.